Sphaira | Enterprise Resources CARE
Enterprise Operation Planning
Sphaira | Enterprise Resources CARE, designed to Synchronizing and Balancing among Demand, Supply, and Capacity at respect of Utilization of available Resources (Physician, Operating Theater, Laboratory, Radiology and so on) and generate the planned for purchase, planned for production and planned for distribution.
Enterprise Operation Plan (EOP) approach provides and giving the hospital a clear path to achieve the superior profit and competitive advantage.
- How EOP can improve operational performance including inventory control.
- How to ensure success with people and processes.
- How to implement the mechanics of EOP to improve a hospital's top-line revenue and bottom-line performance by linking strategy to execution.
- Either Lucky or Lousy
- Forecast is a planning tool that helps management to cope with the uncertainty of the future, relying on data from the past, present and analysis of trends.
- Forecast starts with set assumptions based on the management's experience, knowledge, and judgment. These estimates are projected into the coming months by using one or more techniques.
- To predict the forecast is a learning curve process and from time-to-time the accuracy can be higher and higher.
- Applying the forecast will benefits the hospitals to achieve optimum level of inventory and increase the utilization of resources.
- Control the Expenditures Accounts
- Forecast focus on items and Budget on accounts.
- Some will use budget solely for expenditure accounts but the others are added with revenue accounts and the system has no limitations for it.
- Budget Management starts with certain assumptions based on the management's experience, knowledge, and judgment. These estimates are projected into the coming months or year by using one or more techniques.
- Applying the budget management will benefit the hospitals, providing better management and control tools to the accounts across departments or service units.
- KPI Budget Accuracy used to measure the achievement.
- Procurement for Material Replenishment
- Material Management is a mechanism for planning, organizing, and controlling all activities principally concerned with flow of materials into the organization.
- The scope of Material Management may include material planning and control, production planning (if any), procurement, inventory control, materials movement.
- The fundamental objectives of Material Management called 5Rs:
- Right Quality
- Right Quantity
- Right Time
- Right Source
- Right Price
- The key objectives of procurement are:
- To buy at the lowest price, consistent with desired quality and service.
- To maintain a high inventory turnover, by reducing the excess storage, carrying costs and inventory losses occurring due to deteriorations, obsolescence, and pilferage.
- To maintain continuity of supply, preventing interruption off the flow of materials and services to patients.
- To develop and maintain good supplier relationships.
- Material management's evolution and marked as era:
- 1960's – Re-Order Point (ROP)
- 1970's – Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- 1980's – Manufacturing Requirement Planning (MRP II)
- 1990's – Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP)
- 2000's – Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Procurement method is commonly divided into 2 methods, the first method is called Re-Order Point and the second method is called Material Requirement Planning. In practice these both methods are used together.
- Re-Order Point
- Based on Historical
- Material replenishment based on the historical usage to predict future needs. The re-order point can be different for every item of inventory, since every item may have different usage rate, and may require differing amounts of time to receive a replenishment delivery from supplier.
- The basic formula for re-order point is to multiply the average daily usage rate for an inventory item by purchasing lead-time in days plus safety stock or safety time to replenish it.
- This method is popularly used since the 60's and surprisingly until today hospitals still rely on this method.
- The inventory stock have high risk of overstocking or shortages, in order to fix this flaw, the method is modified into the Dynamic Re-Order Point.
- Material Requirement Planning
- Based on Future Demand
- Material Requirement Planning known as MRP began in the 1970's. The inventors were looking for the better method of material replenishment and searching for future demands from forecasts.
- The logic of MRP base on the following question:
- What we are going to do? (Forecast)
- What does it take to do it? (Bill of Material)
- What do we have? (Inventory)
- What do we have to get? (Procurement)
- The MRP calculation considers the Purchase/Production Lead-Time, Order Policies, Required Date and Release Date.
- These methods will definitely improve and optimize the inventory stock and based on research conduct by Oliver Wight, it will reduce 30% of inventory value and impact to many aspects.
- Re-Order Point
Distribution Requirement Planning
- PUSH and PULL methods
- Distribution Requirement Planning is also another technique for material replenishment but this method is mostly used towards internal warehouse or location. The DRP uses the PUSH method, it means pushing the inventory stock from main warehouse to remote location once the stock hit the predefined minimum quantity.
- Sometimes the remote location needs extra stock to fulfill their needs, they can request additional stock by Transfer Order facility and it consider as PULL methods.
Rough Cut Capacity Plan
- Capacity vs. Load for Resources Utilizations
- Rough Cut Capacity Plan provides a means to check resources load for each critical resource are compared against the resources capacities in order to detect any overloads.
- Currently resources can be defined for appointment at a physician's practice and reservation at room booking.
- RCCP provides the chart for each resource to show Over-load or Under-load in the coming date on percentage or duration basis.
- If any resources can't perform due to any reason, the call-center will inform patients accordingly for rescheduling In/Out.
Advance Planning & Scheduling
- Patients Scheduler
- Advance Planning & Scheduling provides RCCPs today for patient appointment and registration and arranges the patient queuing to follow the priority based rule and can be interfaced with other existing queuing system.
- KPI Patient Attendant used to measure the achievement between appointment and registration.
Planned Purchase Order
- MRP Results for Inventory Replenishment
- The outcomes of MRP calculation are:
- MRP Summary
- MRP Action Messages and
- Planned Purchase Orders
- Those outcomes should be reviewed and taken into action by the planner. System provides the list of items to be ordered, required date, order release date, quantity required and default supplier.
- The planner can execute the planned purchase order through:
- Request for Proposal process or and
- Convert into Purchase Order
BPJS Cost Control
- Efficiency and Productivity
- Since January 2014, government released and implemented the national health insurance called BPJS (Badan Penyelengara Jaminan Sosial). BPJSs medical claim method is using Prospective, means BPJS pay the claim based on the patient problems according with Indonesia standard INA-CBGs.
- To accommodate BPJS, we designed the system to cover:
- BPJS Simulation
- BPJS Cost Monitoring
- BPJS Contract Management
- BPJS Clinical Pathway
- BPJS Claim and Settlement*
Request for Proposal
- Better Price
- For new item or group of items (routine for diet and nutrition department), the purchaser with the system facility called Request for Proposal (RFP), able to generate and send RFPs to the potential suppliers and the moment they respond, it will be recorded into the system. Purchaser reviews all supplier quotation and finally selects the best supplier. Once the process selection done, system automatically generates the purchase order after the process.